One great week.

From: Joe Harden (jharden@carnivorous-kingdom.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 10:48:20 PDT

Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:48:20 -0500
From: "Joe Harden" <jharden@carnivorous-kingdom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: One great week.

Well, my wife changed around her Poland trip, so I had to cancel my
plans to attend the ICPS conference. However, I took a business
trip to California last week to look for plants for my business (for
my REAL job at Mortellaro's Nursery, not Carnivorous Kingdom).

All in all, we had a so-so trip, found half of what we needed. I
went in style and rented convertible, and started in San Diego and
ended up in Los Angeles. With two days left to spare, I took off to
San Fransisco to go see California Carnivores.

They were in a transistion right now, expanding and reogranizing
everything, but I was still overblown by their collection. I
encourage anyone that has transportation at the ICPS conference to
go check them out, and take a camera with plenty of film. It's an
hour drive north of San Fransisco, and their map on their site is
handy. Their sign on the road was knocked out by an accident, but
it's still easy to find. I saw many plants that I knew I wouldn't
be able to grow here unless I did a few changes to my greenhouse,
and saw a few plants out of my price range. Perhaps the best part
was I gained a lot of knowledge on simply growing plants inside a
greenhouse after walking around for a few hours. I got home this
weekend and starting making more room in my greenhouse, and now I'm
in search of seeds of many CP's. I may have missed the ICPS
conference, but all wasn't lost.

Joe Harden http://www.carnivorous-kingdom.com

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]