Re: S. Flava flower questions

From: Brett Lymn (blymn@baesystems.com.au)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 19:07:37 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:37:37 +0930 (CST)
From: blymn@baesystems.com.au (Brett Lymn)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: S. Flava flower questions

According to Joe Martinez:

>1) Does the umbrella style turn down only if successfully polinated?

On my plants the base of the umbrella style is parallel to the ground
when the flower is unpollinated, when they are pollinated the flower
tilts so that the base is almost right angles to the ground. The tile
happens very soon after successful pollination.

>2) At this point, is there any way to tell if the flower was
>successfully polinated?

see above.

>3) If not, then when will I know, and how?
>
>Anything else to look for?

Ummmm seeds in the ovaries? Wait until the flower had gone brown and
dry then open up the seed pod and see what you have.