Maximum humidity?

From: Joe Martinez (joe@jmmsoftware.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 14:23:50 PDT

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:23:50 -0700
From: Joe Martinez <joe@jmmsoftware.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Maximum humidity?

I have set up a terrarium to grow nepenthes. I know that you need a
minimum humidity of 50%, but what about a max humidity?

I started with a screen top (no glass) on the (55g) terrarium, and 4
fluorescent tubes on top. The humidity varied beween about 60% and 80%.
I just bought a hinged glass top for easier access, so that I only have
to remove one of the two shop lights to access the tank. Within a few
hours, the humidity shot up to 97%. Is that too high?

I'd really prefer not to have to deal with fans. Maybe I'll just go
back to the screen top. Suggestions?

-Joe