Re-VFT growing problems

From: Paul Murphy (pjmurphy17@fdn.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 16:38:01 PDT

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:38:01 +0100
From: "Paul Murphy" <pjmurphy17@fdn.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re-VFT growing problems

I also had problems with VFT's not coming out of dormancy or growing
    and turning black with botrytis, but I seemed to have remedied
    the problem by not over watering them, in the UK's dull and wet
    climate I've found that treating them the same as my Cephelotus
    works just fine, ie allowing the peat to almost dry out, and I
    stress the word almost! as VFT's hate to be dry, but I aim to
    catch them just right acording to the days weather forcast; if
    it is to rain then I can sometimes give them another day, but if
    the forcast is warm and sunny then I give them a dousing of
    water from overhead, leaving about 1cm maximum of water in the
    trays. In winter time I hardly ever water them, just keep them
    barely damp with no water in the trays. Paul Murphy, West Mids,
    UK.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]