Re: thanks and travel questions

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 02:36:18 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:36:18 +0100
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: thanks and travel questions

Bill,

>Thanks to all who responded to my questions on
>N. bicalcarata and Darlingtonia!
>
>Another query: I'll be traveling in early August
>to London and Amsterdam (mostly). What CP nurseries
>or collections should I check out? How is the
>collection at Kew Gardens, for instance? Thanks!

Unless its improved significantly you will probably find the collection
of CPs at Kew disappointing, to say the least. There is apparently a
display of carnivorous plants in the Chelsea Physic Garden which is by
the Thames in central London. I have never seen the display so I can't
really comment but I know the person who built it is heavily into CPs.

A better proposition would be to come to one of our society open days.
There are two in the outer London area. August 6th Sarracenia Nurseries
and the following weekend, August 12th at Paul McKeown's house.

If you want directions, phone numbers etc., email me privately.

Regards,
Phil Wilson
Email: cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk