Drosera pulchella Giant

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 09:59:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:59:31 +0100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera pulchella Giant

I have material of something I believe Marston Exotics used to sell,
that they described as a giant form of D pulchella. For several years
it has teetered on the brink of extinction in my collection but this
year it seems to have stabilised and produced some quite large plants,
larger than my other pulchellas.

Does anyone else have experience of this form? Is it genuinely larger
than standard pulchella, or is my experience due to some other factor
such as age of plants?

To be described as a cultivar in the CP database I presume it would
need a proper name, the description 'giant form' being inadequate.

NigelH