TO MCliff428@aol.com

From: michael pagoulatos (michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 07:10:19 PDT

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:10:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: michael pagoulatos <michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: TO MCliff428@aol.com

You write "I live in New Jersey where the winters are
chilly and sometimes reach temperatures just above 0
degrees. I have a pitcher plant, VFT's, and
a few Sundews. How should I keep them dormant? I
don't think that I have that much room in the
refrigerator?".

> If you have long periods of below 25 F
temperatures(more than a couple of days in a row) you
should bare-root the VFTs
and Sarracenias, wrap the roots with damp long-fiber
sphagnum, put them in plastic baggies, and refrigerate
them, OR

consider an unheated room (perhaps the garage).

Take care,
Michael Pagoulatos

http://invites.yahoo.com/