Re: Fantasy Plants...

From: Kit Halsted (kit@kithalsted.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 19:22:13 PDT

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:22:13 -0400
From: Kit Halsted <kit@kithalsted.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fantasy Plants...

On 7/28/00, Phil Wilson wrote:
>Kit,
>
> >I want a few more plants. The problem with the plants I want is that
> >they probably don't exist, but I'll never know if I don't ask so
> >here's what I'm looking for:
> >
>I'll try my best. :-)

Thanks.

<snip>

>What's a palmetto bug - I'm from the UK where we do not get these!

It's like a roach, but bigger & with the nasty habit of flying.
Someone else posted that they get up to 3"/75mm, but the ones I
killed the night before I wrote that email were 4-5"/100-125mm long.
Fortunately, they seem to have disappeared almost immediately. I
suspect that they came from the store next door, which sells tropical
produce, & weren't local fauna.

-Kit