CP photoperiods - South Africa, Australia, etc

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 10:20:02 PDT

Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:20:02 -0400
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP photoperiods - South Africa, Australia, etc

Hey CPers,

Many of you know I grow my plants under fluorescent lights. I just decided
to take my CPs photoperiods a little more seriously. Since I'm growing a
lot of S American Drosera, light cycle has been pretty constant but now I'd
like to provide better conditions for South African and some Australian
Drosera as well, under another set of lights acrss the room. Does anyone
know the minimum and maximum # of hours of light they get per day in
habitat? Also, how much of a difference is there between Northern Territory
and Western Australian hours? My plan is to figure out a time ideal for
everything a reasonable distance from the equator and adjust my timer a
fixed interval once a week. :) The goal is to get plants to grow the way
they do in nature. It would be nice to get them properly synchronized (to
my clock, at least).

Happy growing,
Matt