Re: S. purpurea= stench bowls

From: Michael Hunt (stovehouse@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 07:19:11 PDT

Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:19:11 -0400
From: "Michael Hunt" <stovehouse@earthlink.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: S. purpurea= stench bowls

I can second this, but its not limited to Sarracenia purpurea. I was taking
cuttings of Nepenthes last week and almost became ill from the terrible
stench in the pitchers I was cutting .
I always defend Nepenthes when people not aquatinted with them say how bad
they smell and thus the reason for not wanting them, I will now keep my
mouth shut just as I did when taking the cuttings.
Mike
St. Petersburg Florida
USA