TO Kevin Cook -Australia RE: Locusts

From: michael pagoulatos (michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 07:42:59 PDT

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:42:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: michael pagoulatos <michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: TO Kevin Cook -Australia RE: Locusts

Kevin,
you wrote:
> > Does anyone know any good grasshopper/locust
> repellents? I'd rather not
> > use chemicals on my plants, but I will consider
> this.

I don't know of locust repellents.
I have used a biological pathogen called "Nolo Bait"
with great success. It is basically biological
weapons against grasshoppers: it infects them and they
infect others. They all die. It doesn't work fast
though, so next year apply it a couple of weeks before
the babies hatch. I buy it from commercial nurseries.

Click here for general information, then scroll down
and click on the link titled "Additional Nolo info".

Feel free to E-mail me for more information.

Take care,
Michael Pagoulatos