Re: Young Nepenthes In Flower

From: MCATALANI@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 11:01:29 PDT

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:01:29 EDT
From: MCATALANI@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Young Nepenthes In Flower

For 25 years I have grown mainly Nepenthes cuttings, and these flowered on a
fairly regular basis. A few years ago, I started growing Nepenthes plants
from seed.
I have a young (3-4 year old) seed grown plant (N. maxima x N. spathulata)
that is flowering while still in the ground rosette. I guess I was always
under the impression that Nepenthes would flower after producing the climbing
vine/upper pitchers, especially a plant with highlanders in its background.
(This is what I have read, anyways) Has anyone else seen this or read where
this occurs?
Thanks,
Michael Catalani