Re: Devil's Claw planting/germination

From: Ippenberger (S.Ippenberger@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 06:12:21 PDT

Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:12:21 +0200
From: S.Ippenberger@t-online.de (Ippenberger)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Devil's Claw planting/germination

Hi Joe,

I grew Ibicella lutea this year successfully with making fruits/seeds at
the moment. Best time of the year (Europe) is early spring (April).
What I did was treating the seeds with GAB3 at a concentration of 1mg/ml
for 24h. I sow the seeds in a peat/sand mixture and put them into my
garden in a vegetable growing chamber (sorry, I donot know the English
word)avoiding frost. Germination occured within 14 days, I repotted the
plants in ordinary plant soil with additional nutrition (osmocote) as
long term nutrition source. They grew well until now when I moved them
into my garage due to cold and rainy weather. They made fruits that are
still green and hopefully will ripe. Hope this helps Stefan