Re: a nice speech

From: HmrTheHrmt@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 12:41:10 PDT

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:41:10 EDT
From: HmrTheHrmt@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: a nice speech

Well, I would disagree with the bit about it being well written. Unless it's
lost something in transcription, I couldn't see a high school English teacher
giving it better than a "c" on the virtue of its grammatical errors and
spurious leaps in logic.

I can vaguely see a point in there somewhere, but it seems to me to be the
same point that could be made about collectors of any sort, whether it be
plants, records, books, or even the more female oriented Beanie Babies and
China Plates. Obsessive people are obsessive people, whatcha gonna do about
it?

Hamir the Hermit

"I could've been important, if I'd been somebody else."