Re: Australian CP list

From: John Green (john.green@ascensus.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 08:31:38 PDT

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:31:38 -0600
From: John Green <john.green@ascensus.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Australian CP list

>Just a reminder that the Australian CP list has been up and
>running since june, with some lively discussion at times.

I'm disappointed to hear that a competing list has been set up. I wondered
why there seemed to be a decline in the number of posts and substance on
this list. I suspect we've lost a lot of knowledge because some have left
this list or simply don't contribute as much because they're subscribed to
two lists. I'm not saying someone doesn't have the right to choose,
especially with some of the pettiness and flaming that have occurred here
recently, but that will spring up anywhere given time. It just seems that
by splitting it up, we've lost more than would be gained. I grow mostly
Sarrs and Drosera, particularly Australian pygmies, but I personally can't
imagine that there are enough serious CP growers out there that we're better
served by dividing it up.

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

"Men are disturbed not by things, but the view which they take of them." --
Epiticus