Re: Greenhouses

From: Susan Farrington (sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 05:05:30 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 07:05:30 -0500
From: "Susan Farrington" <sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Greenhouses

While poly film isn't the best for insulation, it IS cheap, and you can
use two layers, inflated with an inflating fan. The air space between the
layers helps considerably for insulation. I've been using a 12 x 12 poly
house (from Gardeners Supply) for five years now, and I love it.
Granted, I only heat my house to about 45 degrees (it's kept as a cool
house), but I'm sure it could be heated higher without much trouble. It
has withstood tremendous winds, severe cold, heavy rains and hail,
here in Missouri, as well as in Philadelphia, PA. (I've moved the house
twice!)

Susan Farrington
Missouri Botanical Garden
P.O. Box 299