Re: Sarracenia psittacina seed

From: Susan Farrington (sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 05:08:05 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 07:08:05 -0500
From: "Susan Farrington" <sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia psittacina seed

I got seed off our S. psittacina for the first time this year... I can't
remember if last year's failed, or if some visitor plucked off the stalk (a
constant danger). This year's seed head WAS small compared to
other species, but it did have a decent number of viable seeds in it (as
well as a few not-developed seeds). Not sure what to tell you to
make yours succeed... is the plant good and healthy in general? I've
certainly seen that it likes it WET compared to any other Sarracenia.

Susan Farrington
Missouri Botanical Garden
P.O. Box 299
St. Louis MO 63166-0299