Re: Re Re P. longifolia

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 06:05:14 PDT

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:05:14 +0100
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re Re P. longifolia

Hi,

>I am terrible sorry but I have made a mistake.
>While I meant P. filifolia I wrote P. longifolia.
>Can anyone give me some more information about this species

There is a big difference between these two species!

P. filifolia grows in almost pure silica sand in Cuba and gets full
sunlight all day long.

In cultivation it appears to be less fussy about the soil it grows in.
Mine is growing in what appears to be pure peat. You need to give this
plant as much sun as possible and also keep it permanently warm. In
northern Europe this means growing it under artificial lighting during
the winter months.

Regards,
Phil Wilson
Email: cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk