Re: Adrian Slack's 'Carnivorous Plants'

From: Walter Hafner (hafner@ze.tu-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 10:09:51 PDT

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:09:51 +0200 (CEST)
From: Walter Hafner <hafner@ze.tu-muenchen.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Adrian Slack's 'Carnivorous Plants'

Jason Ashley writes:

> Got mine from Amazon last week and WOW!
>
> It is beautiful, has BIG pictures, is delightfully written (if not as
> colorful as Peter's book), has extensive cultivation information, and
> if you don't have it by all means get it. Adrian may not have been
> right about everything but then it reminds me of a wonderful Saturday
> Night Live skit, "Theodoric: Barber of York":

Just a quick note from a long time lurker:

It was after reading Slacks book that I finally bought some CPs. That
was in the late 80ies. At that time the german translation was still
available over here. So he alone is responsible for my girlfriend's
bragging about all those ugly plants standing around. :-))

Well, to be honest - I can't throw away any living plant! The typical
beginners plants are REALLY taking some space. Let me count... about 20
P. moranensis, 35 VFTs, a dozen or so D. capensis ...

:-)

-Walter