RE: variegated S. purpurea ssp. venosa photo

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 05:00:04 PST

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:00:04 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: variegated S. purpurea ssp. venosa photo

>If anyone is interested I have a photo of my variegated purp. venosa on my
>friends web page http://photos.yahoo.com/ajbroome in the 'Mr Ed'
>directory. Included are pictures of 'blinky' S. purpurea hybrid (ex Bruce
>Salmon) which has no wing and is fully open down the pitchers entire
length.
>Needless it catches no insects!

Hi Mark,

There's an odd condition in trillium (three leaves, 3 petals, 3 sepals,
etc), a woodland plant that evolved in the Smokey Mountains (Eastern USA).
T. grandiflorum infected with mycoplasma will cause green streaking in the
white flowers and the plants eventually dwindle away. I wonder if this
could be causing the odd color patterns in your plants.

David
Atlanta