Re: D. schizandra

From: Andre Cleghorn (andre@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 22:33:16 PST

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:33:16 +1100
From: Andre Cleghorn <andre@alphalink.com.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. schizandra

Hi Chris,

You are correct, the plants were growing in very wet clay soil. The
soil was not waterlogged however because there was quite a slope so the
water was flowing past the plants all the time. The locals told me that
it rains almost all year where the plants grow. The plants were
probably much larger than expected because they were growing in such
heavy shade. I have tried to grow the plants in a clay based mix
without any luck probably because I could not keep the water moving
through the mix. The plants grow best for me in live sphagnum moss in a
terrarium to keep the humidity very high.

Regards,
Andre