Low Humidity Tolerant Nepenthes

From: Jason Ashley (jasona@warwick.net)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 23:21:58 PST

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:21:58 -0500
From: "Jason Ashley" <jasona@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Low Humidity Tolerant Nepenthes

Hi all,

Peter's book got me wondering about this question. I could happily grow a
windowsill nepenthes as I have a perfect window for it. Peter shows a
khasiana on the windowsill and it appeared to have very leathery leaves and
in my experience leathery leaves are usually a good indicator of high
low-humidity tolerance. I can humidify the room somewhat with a portable
humidifier but I do have forced-air heat so that might not help much.

Any thoughts and/or experiences with windowsill nepenthes would be helpful.

Many thanks!

Jason Ashley
Warwick, NY
USA