Pinguicula and burmanii size

From: r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 21:36:10 PST

Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:36:10 +1000
From: r.jobson@botany.uq.edu.au
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pinguicula and burmanii size

Hi Miguel,
My P. lusitanica is a display of beauty at the moment, it grows so
well here in Brisbane Australia. I have sowed the seed from it and
the pot was soon filled with small plants, so therefore I guess here
in Brisbane it does not need freezing.
Just back to the Drosera burmanii size debate: I saw the biggest
ones I have ever seen this week - had the ruler ready to tell me of
8cm plus monsters - but was suprised that they were only 5cm in
diameter!! So I withdraw my recent declaration of 6.5cm plants.
Best,
Richard.
PS. also suprised to find Drosera pygmaea growing at Richmond
NSW. Anyone found them here before?