Re: D. dilatato-petiolaris cultivation

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 08:13:28 PST

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:13:28 -0800
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. dilatato-petiolaris cultivation

Hi Francesc,

   In my limited experience with petiolaris Drosera, I have found
that they thrive in a sandy mixture (about 2 parts sand to 1 part
peat), kept in very little water and given lots of air circulation.

   I think your media may be one problem, plus if you're keeping
them completely enclosed in the terrarium, that can be another
problem, especially if it gets direct sunlight which will cook the
plants!

Good luck,

Chris

--