D. dilatato-petiolaris

From: Francesc Maynou (maynouf@icm.csic.es)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 05:29:17 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:29:17 +0100
From: Francesc Maynou <maynouf@icm.csic.es>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. dilatato-petiolaris

Dear list members,
I would like to thank all who responded (either privately or to the
list) with tips on growing D. dilatato-petiolaris. I learned a lot and
I'd like to share this with the list. A summary of the feedback I got,
for others interested, is:

* This species likes high temperatures (25-30 C)
* It enjoys a rather open mix: 2 parts sand to one part peat or better 1
part perlite to 1 part peat. In nature, it grows in alkaline conditions.

* Relatively low humidity (60-80%) and good air circulation
* The medium should be moist, not wet to waterlogged.
* To induce dormancy, let the medium become drier.

I hope this is of any use.

Best regards,

Francesc Maynou in Barcelona (NE Spain)