New cp?

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 08:19:45 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:19:45 -0800
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New cp?

Hi everyone,

   In the local paper they run a column called "News of the Weird",
essentially strange but true stories of the world around us.
Anyways, this Sunday's issue had one brief mention of a new
carnivorous plant discovered in Florida. I quote:

   "...And three weeks later near Lake Okeechobee, a University
of Florida biologist discovered what he called an "evolutionary
relic," a previously unknown, carnivorous, flowering plant that
grows entirely underground but by photosynthesis."

   Now, I have a feeling my leg is being pulled on this one,
especially the part about photosynthesis without light. However,
I am curious if anyone can positively confirm or deny this fact.
I've yet to go to the U of F site to see if I can find this
'biologist'.

Hapy cp'ing!

Chris

--