P. moranensis

From: Weaver, Kevin (kweaver@ruthchek.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 09:41:11 PST

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:41:11 -0800
From: "Weaver, Kevin" <kweaver@ruthchek.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: P. moranensis

I would like to chime in on this discussion. I have P. moranensis "G" and
have experienced the same situation. I believe I've corrected the aborted
flower phenomenon by keeping the plant dryer. Before, I had it half
submerged in water. It grew well, and fast, but maybe too fast, which
explains why the prospective flowers were smothered by newly developing
leaves. BTW, I'm growing it indoors, under fluorescents, in a half enclosed
environment. Also, once you do get it to flower properly, you will notice
the glaring, almost gaudy, pink color, which I describe as "ho" pink.

Kevin