P. moranensis

From: Michael Gallagher (Disaguy@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 08:26:32 PST

Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 08:26:32 -0800
From: Michael Gallagher <Disaguy@pacbell.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: P. moranensis

Regarding the flowering of P. moranensis. Mine grows in the Disa house
immediately adjacent to the humidifier (which is where I grow all my cool
cps). It sits in a tray which usually has water in it and is potted in NZ
sphagnum moss in about a 4 inch pot. In the last year it has developed
from two plants in the pot too 6 actively growing centers and has not had
fewer than 6 flowers in bloom at the same time for at least six
months. The place that it is growing is absolutely the wettest part of my
growing area and it seems to love it. Temperatures range from 85 - 90 in
the summer (at those temperatures the whole house would be in fog from a
high pressure mister though) to a minimum of 40 during the winter and it
seems to flower more during the cool time of year. I only am putting my
two cents in here to respond to those folks who think it needs dry
conditions to flower.

Cheers,

Michael Gallagher

email: Disaguy@pacbell.net or Mike@disas.com