Re: Ping problems

From: EdwardK674@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 09:58:36 PST

Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:58:36 EST
From: EdwardK674@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Ping problems

In a message dated 12/08/2000 1:47:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cp@opus.labs.agilent.com writes:

<<
 I would like to chime in on this discussion. I have P. moranensis "G" and
 have experienced the same situation. I believe I've corrected the aborted
 flower phenomenon by keeping the plant dryer. Before, I had it half
 submerged in water. It grew well, and fast, but maybe too fast, which
 explains why the prospective flowers were smothered by newly developing
 leaves. BTW, I'm growing it indoors, under fluorescents, in a half enclosed
 environment. Also, once you do get it to flower properly, you will notice
 the glaring, almost gaudy, pink color, which I describe as "ho" pink.

I also had to keep my P. moranensis "G" drier as the leaf growth was too
rapid for the flowers. The leaves would also overgrow the flowers which would
then abort.
Ed