Pinguicula leaf cuttings

From: Miguel de Salas (mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 17:32:03 PST

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:32:03 +1100
From: Miguel de Salas <mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pinguicula leaf cuttings

I have a number of Pinguicula cuttings that were successful, and have small
plantlets at the base of the leaf.

Some of these are at the stage where the leaf has almost dissapeared. Most
seem to have no roots.

How does one deal with the plantlets at this stage? Most are in sphagnum,
which is not the medium I intend to use to grow the adult plants. Some are
in the adult medium, but seem to be developing no roots either. Will the
plantlets grow roots naturally as a response to lower atmospheric humidity
(if I take them out of the crib I used to strike them)?

Miguel de Salas
mailto:mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au

 School of Plant Science,
 University of Tasmania,