humidity

From: Jack Milln (jackmilln@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 02:59:28 PST

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:59:28 -0000
From: "Jack Milln" <jackmilln@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: humidity

hi susan
in my terrarium i have filled the bottom with about two inches of stones, a
bit larger than gravel. then i filled the terrarium up to the stones with
clean rainwater. with this method there is lots of evaporation leading to a
nice high humidity. also you can give each plant its individual watering
conditions by raising or lowering the pots in the stones. But after a while
the water does start to grow some algae so its wise to change it every 3 or
4 months. i also have a question for anyone: how can i get some water
circulation in my terrarium? are there little pump gadgets that you can buy?
i hope that my idea is of help,
regards,
jack.