halogens / compact fluorescents

From: Francesc Maynou (maynouf@icm.csic.es)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 01:34:20 PST

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:34:20 +0100
From: Francesc Maynou <maynouf@icm.csic.es>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: halogens / compact fluorescents

Dear list,

I've got very good feedback to my question about halogen lights. Thanks!

Now I think I'll go for the compact fluorescents. I found they are
reasonably priced (more expensive than a normal fluorescent tube, but
still cheaper than aquarium specialty lights, at least where I live) and
they are very handy for small terraria. Granted, it's not the best
solution for growing Nepenthes, I think I'll rather use them to grow
smaller species, such as Pinguicula or Drosera. As Tim suggested, it
might be a great idea to place several small terraria in different
corners of the house!

Happy growing and Season's Greetings,

Francesc