Re: d.peltata

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 07:43:06 PST

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:43:06 +0000
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: d.peltata

Jack,

>hi everyone
>im growing d.peltata for the first time and i have it in my terarium. it
>started to grow and a few of the small basal leaves appeared on the surface.
>since then it has stopped growing completely. next to it in my terrarium is
>a d.whittakeri which is flourishing and flowering at the moment. so whats
>the problem? i have an inkling that i should put it somewhere cooler. any
>help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance,

Sounds like your plant is behaving perfectly normally. This species
usually forms its basal rosette first then appears to do nothing for a
month or two before starting to produce upright growth.

You could try somewhere cooler though it probably won't make too much
difference. D. peltata is a very adaptable species growing both as a
winter grower in some areas and a summer grower in others, according to
the conditions.

Regards,
Phil Wilson
Email: cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk