Seed growing results, thus far

From: R B (eklaab@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 12:28:20 PST

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:28:20 -0800
From: "R B" <eklaab@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Seed growing results, thus far

I'm having some good success in germinating some seeds obtained from the
ICPS seedback. This is the first time I've attempted to grow anything from
seed ever, so I didn't know how well it was going to go. I obtained seed for
D. capensis 'red', D. aliciae, N.stenophylla, and N. gracilis. The D.
capensis germinated just 2 weeks after being sowed. In fact, it was so
quick I thought maybe I had something else like a weed that somehow had
gotten in, but no, they have developed into little sundew plants. A 100%
germination rate with the D. capensis! About five seeds from the N.
stenophylla germinated after a month. It looks like that is all I'm going
to get from that one. The D. aliciae just germinated yesterday, after 8
weeks. Nothing has appeared yet from the N. gracilis, but I'm being
patient. I also have some D. intermedia, but they're still in the fridge
for stratification.

Ron