Re: CPs and vivariums

From: Robert Ziemer (rrz7001@axe.humboldt.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 09:25:13 PST

Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 09:25:13 -0800
From: Robert Ziemer <rrz7001@axe.humboldt.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CPs and vivariums

I am worried that a healthy mature VFT might catch a 1 cm frog in its 2+
cm traps. Various butterworts and sundews should be OK. D. capensis
might be the easiest to grow. You might also try some terrestrial Utrics
such as U. dichotoma. To grow healthy CP be careful that the light level
is not too low. The CPs should love the 80% humidity, particularly if
there is some air circulation. Your "collected moss" may or may not be
compatible with CPs. I am also a bit concerned about the effect that
frog trampling might have on delicate CP.

Bob Ziemer