RE: Greenhouse AND wife

From: john green (thegreens13@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 10:04:16 PST

Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 13:04:16 -0500 (EST)
From: john green <thegreens13@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Greenhouse AND wife

In a message dated 12/23/2000 2:17:20 PM Central Standard Time,
JWi5770869@aol.com writes:

> John,
> Yes DEFINATELY go for the greenhouse. Having the plants in
> the house where little fingers and cats can tip them on the
> floor AND a wife that doesn't appreciate containers of
> smelly soil on the carpets (God knows why!<grin>) is
> not a good way to enjoy your hobby.

and Joe Griffin in Lincoln, NE USA, where it is supposed to get down to
seven below zero tonight (ouch!) wrote:

> I will second this one. I have had a lot of trouble with a
> beagle-mix and kids when I acclimate new plants and get
> ready to put them in their new homes, only to find the
> pot and bag they were in tipped over(once the mutt
> actually peed in the pots-dogs are great).

Thanks for the great suggestions from all. I think the greenhouse is the
way to go and my wife likes the idea. And just to clarify, my wife doesn't
hate my plants, she just wants them to look nice (so do I, but its easier
said than done in my harsh climate and with my limited skills), and my
comments were made "tongue in cheek." With three little kids who love to
see "dad's plants," and now a pug puppy we added this weekend, a greenhouse
would give me a lot more peace of mind (although it's been a while since
I've had to pick a plant up off the floor). I also need to replace the ugly
old metal shed in the backyard, so I'm going to try to come up with a combo
shed/greenhouse that doesn't take up too much space (my yard isn't huge) and
doesn't cost a ton of money (I don't have a ton to spend and may not stay
here after I finish my MBA). If anyone has seen any good plans for such a
thing, please let me know.

and Richard Ellis wrote:

> I just had to reply to this because I am feeling truly
> blessed this morning and it has nothing to do with the
> holidays... I don't mean to brag but this
> thread is making me see just how fortunate I am.

Go ahead and brag! Family is more important than a hobby, and if you can
keep both happy, that is a blessing.

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah
john.green@ascensus.com