Re: frogs etc

From: EdwardK674@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 06:42:51 PST

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:42:51 EST
From: EdwardK674@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: frogs etc

In a message dated 12/28/00 3:12:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cp@opus.labs.agilent.com writes:

<< Do any of these frogs come from Tepui areas? Are they likely to
 encounter Heliamphoras? I would imagine if they could get out of a
 Heliamphora trap, they should be able to navigate out of any Nep
 small enough to fit in a 10 gal vivarium.. >>

I don't think that there are any Dendrobatid frogs found on the Tepuis (yet,
there is still a lot to be found there) but I seem to remember reading a
article (Smithsonian, or National Geographic (these seem to blend together to
me)) about a small tree frog being found with the Helioamphoras.
Ed