Re: frogs etc

From: R B (eklaab@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 12:13:36 PST

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:13:36 -0800
From: "R B" <eklaab@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: frogs etc

In general, I don't think amphibians and CP's mix together too well. I have
a few salamanders and frogs, and thought of a combined terrarium, but
decided against it. In your case, your frog is rather small (1 cm), and
some of the plants may be able to trap the frog. Also, the frog will move
around the terrarium, occassionally trampling
across the plants, causing stress for both the frog and plant.
Trying the feed the frog live insects may be problematic as well, as
the plants may capture the insects before the frog gets to them.

Ron