Re: frogs etc

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 12:55:43 PST

Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:55:43 EST
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: frogs etc

  Hi All,

  Interesting talk about frogs and CP. I am sure if Charle's Powell is out
there, he could give a good answer(anyone that can relay this to him?).
  I don't think the CP would catch the frogs, and I agree that the bigger
problem would be getting trampled by the amphibians(especially large
salamanders, lacking any grace whatsoever).
  I don't think the CP catching all the insects would be a problem, seing how
the little crickets and such have to get to the plants and the amphibians
should see them moving and go for them.
  As far as flytraps, large ones can catch small frogs, but you can use small
flyraps that could catch pinhead crickets and fruitflies, but not the frogs
themselves. You might want to leave them in pot and take the pot out for
dormancy and put another in tha is not on the same cycle.
  Any guess at what effect would the excrement from the amphibians have on a
non-draining environment? The plants might benefit at first, but i would
imagine you would have to change the medium at least every six months.

  Regards,

  Joe Griffin
  Lincoln, NE USA