Re: Its not just a good idea....

NBS/Haleakala Field Station (halesci@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu)
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 09:17:29 -1000 (HST)

If anyone wants to face this issue head-on, maybe someone could write to
USFWS to see if there's a way folks who have some evidence of origin
could apply for a permit and, up to a given time limit, let's say,
without "penalty"/etc.... Although I agree that USFWS permitting is a
cumbersome bureaucratic process, I think it's a good idea (for lack of
any better way to track who owns legitimate vs. field-raped plants).

Any feedback...?

-philip thomas