Re: CP WWW page update: and call for GIFs!

Wim Osterholt (wim@djo.wtm.tudelft.nl)
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 00:16:54 +0100 (MET)

Pekka,

> Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 00:32:45 -0800
> From: Pekka Ala-Siuru <pal@tko.vtt.fi>
> Subject: Re: CP WWW page update: and call for GIFs!
>
> Great! we are going to have a good www node ..
>
> btw the gifs can be loaded from http.hpl.hp.com/botany/public_html/cp/gifs/
> as separete gifs for external viewer .

This didn't work, but I'm no WWW expert.
People should try:

lynx http://www.hpl.hp.com/botany/public_html/cp/gifs

and then you'll get contact.

Rick,
lynx is indeed not a graphical browser, but it promises to be able to fetch
files somehow. So, when people succeed in getting into the directory as
mentioned above, they only have to move the highlighted bar on a file and
press 'd'. Then miracles should start happening. :-)

Regards, Wim.

----- wim@djo.wtm.tudelft.nl -----
(wim@morgana.gds.nl)