Re: Roused from my slumber...

John Taylor (rphjt@minyos.xx.rmit.EDU.AU)
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 20:41:16 +1000

Barry wrote:
>I am astounded that some _Heliamphora tatei_ seed I sowed on moist peat
>has germinated! Any suggestions as to treatment for the next several months?
>I suppose I will just treat them as my mature _Heliamphora_ unless any have
>words of wisdom.

At least one of my H.tatei seeds definitely seems to be germinating (which is
more than I can say for any of the seeds from Allen Lowrie :-( ) I sowed
mine in a 1:1 sphagnum/perlite mix, without stratifying them (the other half
of the seed I am stratifying). I've been keeping mine in a mesh-topped glass
tank indoors (with a heater that turns on <23 degrees C) and spray them
regularly with water.

I'd also appreciate any tips for this plant - I've never grown Heliamphora
before.

Post any replys to the group or direct if you prefer.

BFN

| John Taylor [Catweasel] | Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology |
| rphjt@minyos.xx.rmit.edu.au | Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA |