Re: Evolution of CPs

Robert Beer (bbeer@u.washington.edu)
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 18:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

There may be Sarracenias planted there for the public to view, but they
are not native to the area. Many of the Sarracenias will survive in wet
places just fine as long as they are not out-competed. A friend of mine
has planted some S. purpurea in constantly-wet *leaf/fir needle litter* at
the Rhododendron Species Foundation near here, and it has done well and
for 2 years now. I imagine that S. purpurea would also grow in some of
the alpine bogs in the Cascades here where D. rotundifolia also grows, as
long as you got the northern hardy form.