Re: Brita

Peter Cole (carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 05 Jul 1995 23:40:20 GMT

Carl Mazur writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I haven't really been following the conversation on watering and water
> quality that's been going on for the last while, but I was wondering if
> those Brita Water Filters do a good enough job on city water. If this
> has been mentioned already my apologies! Thanks in Advance.
>
> Carl

Works fine on Swansea water - our problem's not so much calcium
as heavy metals running off 500 years worth of slag heaps from
the coal mines, so I'd guess they'll work anywhere. Heavier
chlorination than London too, though I don't know the figures.
I find they're good for 100 pints / filter or so.

Happy growing,

Peter