Re: What do D. Capensis seeds look like/VFT question

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 23:10:53 +0000

On 24 Oct 95 at 13:07, Dhalsim/Raiden wrote:

> My D. Capensis flowered about 1 month ago and some of the flowers are
> black and "crisp". Previou posts stated that this was the time when
> they would be giving off their seeds so I would have to shake them(while
> a piece of paper was under the flower) to catch the seed. My question is
> this: WHat do D. Capensis seeds look like? Are they oval shaped like
> regular seeds? When I tap the flower, I see black, straight, tiny things
> fall out but I don't know if thats the crispened flower petal.

Those black straight things sound like them. If you get lots of
identical looking bits, then they will be the seeds. Flower fragments
would be different shapes/sizes. Some Drosera have these elongated
seeds, and others are round.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)