Re: introduction/D. peltata

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 23:24:54 +0000

On 31 Oct 95 at 18:21, Eric J Worden wrote:
>I would like to get a D. peltata. I've read these are relatively
>easy to care for, and they look very nice in the drawing. I live in
>Seattle, where we have very mild summers, and I was thinking it would do
>quite well here. Comments/help??? Does someone have a tuber ready to
>break dormancy by spring they are willing to sell/trade(!)

Drosera peltata grows in Winter! They started coming up a few weeks
ago here in England. Get some seed if you can find some - it seems
easy enough - usually just makes a small rosette (plus tuber) in
its first year, though the best ones might manage the typical
wiry stem. By the second year, growth is fairly typical of the
adult.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)