Re: Microsoft TV ad

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 21:52:13 +0000

On 13 Nov 95 at 7:40, Walter Greenwood wrote:

> >One of the moving pictures in the
> > Netscape window was of a VFT trap closing on a bug ...
>
> I haven't seen the ad, but I suspect the video clip in question is
> the one in Microsoft Encarta - the CD-ROM encyclopedia

where the VFT catches a frog! It's there in Encarta '94 and '95.
I see in '95, they have corrected the the statement in '94 that
Cephalotus follicularis has the largest traps, with a capacity
of about 1 litre (1 quart)! They have just dropped the phrase
completely, indeed the remaining sentence now seems to end
rather abruptly. Nice as Cephalotus is, they were exagerrating
its traps by a factor of maybe 1000.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)