Re: D. indica propagation

Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@ele.vtt.fi)
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 15:48:08 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, martin zevenbergen wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> Does anybody have any experience in growing D. indica? I tried once,
> but I found that it germinates only at very high temperatures
> (25+C/75+F), and that they were sensitive to damping off, so they all
> died in a normal peat or peat/sand mixture. Is it possible they like
> a less wet medium, which is less dense as a peat sand mixture?

I have tried D. indica also ; the seeds I had germinated in lower
temperature (20C) , but afterwards died quite soon.. :(
So it could be interesting to find out what are the general livng
conditions for this annual plant?
..Pekka
Pekka Ala-Siuru
Senior Analyst, Embedded Knowledge-Based Systems
VTT Electronics, P.O.Box 1100, FIN-90571, Oulu,Finland
Tel. +358 81 551 2461, Telefax +358 81 551 2320
http://www.ele.vtt.fi/