Re: Re: "Carn." Bromeliads

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 22 Feb 96 16:45 EST

> From: Jan@PBC-THS1.PCI.CHEMIE.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE(Jan Schlauer)

What is this "Mine-Version" stuff? Every message from you has a
whole page of this.

> single species. I agree that they (and rather numerous other plants)
> approach it to some degree. This can IMHO be expressed appropriately by the
> term "sub-carnivorous".

Jan or anyone, how does one go about testing CP's for digestive
enzymes in Sarracenia? Since I've got them all and many hybrids
I think I should test them. If the plant produces the enzymes
*after* proteins are added, how do you avoid bacterial enzyme
production? Or is this false, do un-opened pitchers also
supposedily to contain enzymes?

Dave Evans