RE: D.coccicaulis

John Phillips (phillips@library.ucsf.edu)
Fri, 23 Feb 96 08:16:23 CST

Christoph wrote:
>I think I know where this name came from. Way back when I first started to
>grow CP I met a fellow who at that time was still in high school who had a
>very impressive S. African Drosera collection. He received a species that
>was called, if memory serves me right, D. sp. #4, or some other numbered
>species. He kept calling it D. cocciaulis, a name he had found in some
>litterature. Subsequently, I have received the same plant under the name D.
>venusta from Germany - actually I got seed. Jan what is the history of the
>name D. venusta?

I had to laugh when I read this this morning. I presently own plants which
were labelled at purchase D. cocciaulis, D. sp. #4, and D. venusta. Now I
truly have to admit to myself that I don't have a clue about the true
identity of most of my rosette sundews. Could someone refer me to a good
source for identifying the rosette sundews? Your help would be much
appreciated. Looks like time to clean off the old magnifying glass...
Happy growing (and head scratching ;-) )
..
John Phillips Email: phillips@library.ucsf.edu
Information Services
UCSF Health Sciences Library Rm 202